
At the end of last year I was surprised by the masses of flight stubs that I found in various pockets and bags. I like the intimidating/majestic quality of aeroplanes. Especially when you watch them moving slowly around the tarmac out of huge glass airport windows, like sharks at an aquarium.
2 Comments:
how i know this feeling! i went for the first time overseas from melbourne to new zealand to la to the uk! i was so freaked about flying. i was going with my school so no parents and no other family just these people that i knew little of.
long trip short - i was stuck sitting on a 10 hour (to la airport then a 20 minute stop there) then a 12 hour flight (to the uk) sitting next to these people no where near anyone i knew, next to these people that were completely leaning on me all smelly and yuck. i was completely shitting myself for the 22 hours of flight. i dont think that i had ever been so scared. i couldn't sleep and i couldnt move because i was smack bang in the middle! i can't believe how many times i went over my head what was going to happen next.
so much that i worked myself into tears and a shocking headache. i was so glad to be on ground once we got off the plane.
to go on another plane for me now i would always always read the plastic card and try and ask for a aisle seat. that state of mind is extreamly scary...
motey
sarah.mote@hotmail.com
This reminded me of a really bad turbulence experience - When I was younger and lived in England we came to Aus for a wedding and flew back via the US. I remember the flight from Syd to LA being absolutely unbearably bumpy. Of all the many flights I had taken this was unbelievably scary and drawn out and unlike anything else...I rememeber frantically gripping the armrests while my mum tried to act normally and calm us down!
Post a Comment
<< Home